Box Furnace with Integrated Control System (1200°C)
The XSB box furnaces have a hinged vertical lift door that keeps the hot door insulation always facing away from the operator. A door safety switch interrupts power to the heating elements when the door is opened.
These furnaces use Fibercraft™ vacuum formed ceramic fiber heating elements with free radiating wire embedded into the body of the heater. The furnace chamber, heating elements, hearth plate and chamber threshold are designed to be easily replaced if they become worn out.
An air gap between the heated chamber exterior and furnace exterior surface is designed to minimize the external surface temperature of the furnace.
Due to the size and weight of these products, they will ship Freight/LTL. If you would like to arrange your own shipping, please choose the “Local Pickup” option at checkout.
$3,539.00 – $8,510.00
- 1200°C maximum operating temperature (continuous operating temperature is 100°C below maximum temperature)
- Vacuum formed ceramic fiber heating elements ensure rapid heat up, excellent temperature uniformity and quick cool down
- Thermcraft SmartControl touch screen PID control system (see control system descriptions)
- Long life Inconel sheathed Type K thermocouple
- Heated chamber volume up to 42L
- 10′ (3m) power cables
- Furnace and controller ship fully assembled and ready for connection to incoming power supply
- The SmartControl can be upgraded to include profile programming, data acquisition and communications. These options can be purchased individually or separately and can also be purchased as an upgrade after the unit has been shipped and installed
- Independent over temperature control
- Inlet and outlet fittings for gas purging
- Exhaust pipe for fume extraction
- Eurotherm 2404 series controls and communications upgrades
- Custom options and upgrades available upon request, such as output control of external devices, actuators, flow controllers, etc. (extends delivery time)
- Heat-up time measured from ambient to 1200°C at 100% power output
- Cool-down rate measured with power shut off, door closed
- Faster cool-down rates can be achieved with forced cooling and door open (reduces heater life)
- Uniformity profile taken at a set-point of 1200°C
- ±5°C over 9 data points
SmartControl Standard Controller
The SmartControl System combines all of the features of typical PID controllers, video/chart recorders and data logging systems into a single, intuitive device. The SmartControl provides a 4.3” color touch screen interface with standard, user configurable, runtime features for 1-3 zone control applications. All loop configuration and runtime user access is configurable at the device with no PC software required. SmartControl supports 1-3 control zones, offering up to 4 control outputs per zone, powerful profiling capabilities including up to three event outputs and more.
Integrated LAN features include e-mail, SMS (text messaging) on alarm, FTP (file transfer protocol for automated file transfer/data backup), remote access (web and VNC embedded servers) and national timeserver time synchronization are standard. The web and VNC servers allow remote access using a PC, tablet or other smart phone devices.
If you can use a “smart device” (iPhone, Android, etc.), you can use SmartControl!
User configurable with “slide nav” finger navigation similar to “smart devices” or with a traditional drop down menu system, SmartControl is intuitive to operate and use. With one touch language configuration for all icons, menus and help screens, SmartControl provides ease of use in any one of 28 languages.
Optional Eurotherm 2404 Series Controllers
These 1/4 DIN size PID controllers offer up to 64 segments of programmable control. Each program segment can be a ramp, step or dwell.
- 2404CC offers 8 programmable segments
- 2404CP offers 16 programmable segments
- 2404P4 offers 4 programs with 16 segments per program
The 2404 series controllers can be upgraded to include EIA485 2-wire, 4 wire or EIA232. With industry-standard protocols including: Modbus, DeviceNet®, Profibus DP, and Eurotherm® Bisync
|Heat Zones||Heat Up Time|
|Furnace External Dimensions|
|Height with Door Open|
|32 (812)||2700||230||12||K||88 (40)|
|38 (965)||5500||230||24||K||132 (60)|
|44 (1118)||11000||230||48||K||176 (80)|